Papayas were originally found in Central America, while the explorers from Spain and Portugal helped bring this fruit to many other subtropical lands, which then journeyed to places like Philippines, some parts of Africa and India. Today, the US, Mexico and Puerto Rico are said to be the largest commercial producers of papaya in the world. Apart from Papains, papaya is also a rich source of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids; the B vitamins, folate and pantothenic acid; and the minerals, potassium and magnesium; and fiber. The pulp of this fruit is also a basic component of many facial creams, and shampoos.
Papaya, which is rich in so many healthy components, is best for skin care as it promises and works to provide you with healthy and glowing skin.
1. Being a good source of Vitamin A and Papain, this fruit helps in removing dead skin cells along with breaking down the inactive proteins.
2. The best feature of papaya is its ‘Low Sodium Quality’, thus resulting in very little retention of water. In simple words it means, it helps you keep your skin hydrated.
3. Papaya is actually a wholesome fruit as it contains more Carotene when compared to other fruits like apple, custard apple, guava and plantains. Not being an expensive fruit, papaya is a common man’s fruit which is beneficial in many ways.
4. The application of finely grounded paste of raw papaya on the face for 25 minutes helps reduce those unwanted pimples and other embarrassing blemishes on the face.
5. Both, direct application and eating will help you achieve smooth, supple and soft skin.
6. Regular consumption or application of papaya also provides shine to the skin, which comes from within and is long lasting.
7. The mashed papaya can be used for treating the sore and cracked heels.
8. Papaya also acts as a natural skin exfoliator.
9. Application of papaya also helps in removing skin discoloration.
10. The peel of papaya can not only be used on the face, but it can also be used for whitening the legs.
11. The use of raw papaya helps you treating the ringworms as well. You just need to rub some slices of raw papaya on the ringworm patches and see reduced inflammation.
12. Papaya helps the skin by reducing the aging signs on the face.
- For curing the skin tans and brightening the complexion, the simple face pack can be made. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Make a paste of pulpy papaya
- Add yogurt, honey, lemon juice and egg white into it
- Mix all ingredients till the mixture becomes thick which can be applied on the face
- Wash your face thoroughly so that it becomes clean and dirt free
- Apply this facial mask on your face and leave it for 15 – 20 minutes
- Wash off with the lukewarm water and pat dry
Read more at..